Rewarding our pupils
At Winifred Holtby Academy we strive to reward our pupils for achievement where possible and have systems in place to celebrate success.
You will collect Achievement/House points throughout the year and your net score (Achievement/House points – Behaviour points) will contribute to your overall House total. This will be displayed on a leader board along with the best attending House each week.
Throughout the year you will aim to achieve your own personal best and work towards the following certificates. Bronze 300 points, Silver 600 points, Gold 1000 points and Platinum awards 1500 points. These will also be awarded using a net score (AP/HP-BP).
Pupils will be rewarded for their positive attitudes towards learning and promoting the core values of the Academy in the following ways:
- Academic achievement
- Excellent effort
- Outstanding work
- Contribution to class progress
- 100% weekly attendance
- Participation in House activity
- Participation in Community life
- Tutor equipment check
- Pupil Leadership
- Contribution to Charity Work
- Promoting the House ethos
- Good citizenship in the Academy
- Good citizenship beyond the Academy
- Performing a prefect responsibility
- Taking an active role in Assembly
Regular prize draws will help you motivate you to do your very best in all aspects of Academy life. I love to shop vouchers will be used as prizes.
Further rewards from your House teams and Faculties will be handed out during each half term and these achievements are celebrated in your House assemblies.
- Each member of staff has 1 Golden Ticket each half term.
- Staff award their Golden Ticket to a pupil who goes above and beyond or excels in a particular piece of work.
- Pupils take their Golden Ticket to Mr Fernie to discuss their success.
- Golden Tickets also carry 100 House points which will be awarded to each pupil awarded with a golden ticket.
- Each half term all tickets go into a prize draw.
- All winners from each half term will beentered into a prize draw where they will get the opportunity to win a £10 ‘I Love to Shop Voucher’. There will be 10 vouchers on offer each half term that can be used in a range of well-known shops and online.
Postcards of Commendation
Teachers will give out Postcards of Commendation to pupils who have displayed outstanding attitudes to learning and progress during their lesson. These are then sent home to Parent/Carers; you will be mentioned in your House assembly of your achievement.
Star of the Week
The Year 11 Star of the Week is awarded by Mr Spencer for being a star. Only 30 rosettes are to be won. Special rewards are also given to the winners.
We also celebrate Star of the Week in each House. These are based on conduct points (achievement – behaviour) and is reviewed week by week so every week is a fresh start for the pupils. These are announced on our website every Friday morning.
The Celebration Evening event is held each year and lets us celebrate the success of pupils.
Staff from each of the faculties put forward names of pupils they feel merit an award for the work, commitment, improvement etc. in their subject.
As an Academy we offer our pupils the opportunity to experience different cultures. Visits to France and Spain are very popular and educational.
Reward trips will include an afternoon at Cineworld, Bowling, Foot Golf or Go carting. All trips will take place in the final week of each term.
Passport to get to the rewards trip:
- ATL score in HT1 and HT2 needs to be 4 or better
- At least 96% attendance
- No more than 2 lates each half term
- No more than 2 x BM points for lack of homework in Term 1
- No more than 1 C3’s each half term
- No internal exclusions or Fixed term exclusions
- No isolation for any reason
- To achieve 300 achievement points by Christmas - Bronze Award (this will be based on net score, House Points
- You will also need your House Teams approval
Year 11 pupils and staff celebrate the end of the exam period and Academy year and staff get to wish the Year 11s good luck for the future.