Winifred Holtby Academy offers a free school meals service to ensure that all of our pupils are able to enjoy a good quality, nutritious meal during the Academy day, regardless of their circumstances. Parents and Carers could save up to £400 per year for each of their children.
Pupils can choose from a range of healthy meal deals, including a main course and a pudding. A menu of the food available at the Academy this term is available below.
Parents and Carers can claim free school meals for their child or children if they are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
In order to receive the free meals, Parents and Carers need to fill in a Free School Meals application form. Click here to access this form.
*Saving based on average UK cost of providing a packed lunch each day. If you pay for school meals, you can save almost £100 in Primary schools and almost £409 in Secondary schools by applying for Free School Meals.