Key Stage 4 Curriculum Outline
In Health and Social Care, pupils study key areas which cover a range of skills and knowledge required for working in the health and caring sector.
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care values
- Improving health and wellbeing
In Childcare, pupils gain an introduction working in the Children’s care sector, covering the essential skills and knowledge required for successful careers in settings working with children.
- Provisions within the Children’s care sector
- Skills, qualities and professional responsibilities for someone who works with children
- Children’s growth and development
Future Opportunities and Pathways Post 16
Pupils studying this course will be able to enter initial employment, at a junior level, in Health and Social Care/Childcare, or will be able to study a Level 3 course at college.
The career possibilities include; Nursing, Midwifery, Domiciliary Care, Healthcare Assistant, Early Years Worker, Child-Minder, Nanny, and many more.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
As a faculty we currently offer opportunities to carry out extra studies with our after school success zones.