The Rock Challenge Northern Final is this Friday (30th June) held at Grimsby Auditorium. Doors open at 6.00pm and the show starts at 6.30pm. We will be competing against 9 other schools across the North of England/Scotland and Northern Ireland in a bid to be named ‘Rock Challenge Northern Final Winners 2017!’.
A huge thank you to Mrs Madeley, Miss Marshall and Mrs Richardson for your hard work in making the Class of 2017 Prom a totally amazing one.
The whole evening was just perfect from start to finish and you totally excelled in the Awesome Venue. It was very grand and it was clear to see how much our amazing pupils loved every minute of it.
Winifred Holtby Academy welcomed Anna Ashbee (Headstart Intelligence) and Juliet O’Sullivan (Life and Fork Yorkshire) to work with our pupils on a leading Healthy Lifestyles Project. Pupils discussed a range of issues surrounding Health and Fitness and how simple tips in their daily routines can influence the Wellbeing of themselves, and the pupils in our Academy.
The activities were engaging and pupils interacted brilliantly with the tasks set. This helped them develop a deeper understanding of how their physical and mental attitude in lessons and everyday life, can be dictated by the foods we eat.
Thanks again to Anna and Juliet
Mr Pindar will be leading assemblies this week to officially launch Sports Day 2017.
Pupils will be competing in their year groups for their Houses in a variety of events (see below) and there will also be a number of try it events on offer for staff and pupils to take part in subject to availability (Archery, speed gun challenge, Inflatable Assault course, Wheel chair basketball, Climbing wall).
Below (subject to change) is an itinerary of the day.
8.40am - Pupils to meet and register in their tutor rooms. Tutors to reiterate expectations and remind pupils of their activities.
8.50am - Pupils accompanied by the member/s of staff responsible for the team to go to their morning events.
KS3 Morning session 9am-11.45am
- Year 7 Netball - Max 10 players
- Year 7 Athletics - Max 8 competitors
- Year 7 Swimming - 4 Competitors
- Year 7 Football - Max 10 players
- Year 8 Netball - Max 10 players
- Year 8 Athletics - Max 8 competitors
- Year 8 Swimming - 4 Competitors
- Year 8 Football - Max 10 players
KS4 Morning session 9am-11.45am
- Year 9 Rounders - Unlimited players
- Year 9 Badminton - 2 competitors
- Year 9 Fitness Challenge 4 Competitors
- Year 9 Dodgeball - 10 Players
- Year 9 Swimming - 2 Competitors
- Year 10 Rounders - Unlimited players
- Year 10 Badminton - 2 competitors
- Year 10 Fitness Challenge 4 Competitors
- Year 10 Dodgeball - 10 Players
- Year 10 Swimming - 2 Competitors
11.45am-12pm – Pupils to meet in tutor groups (House teams) on the tennis courts for afternoon registration.
KS3 Afternoon session 12pm-3pm
- Year 7 Rounders - Unlimited players
- Year 7 Badminton - 2 competitors
- Year 7 Fitness Challenge 4 Competitors
- Year 7 Dodgeball - 10 Players
- Year 8 Rounders - Unlimited players
- Year 8 Badminton - 2 competitors
- Year 8 Fitness Challenge 4 Competitors
- Year 8 Dodgeball - 10 Players
KS4 Afternoon session 12pm-3pm
- Year 9 Netball - Max 10 players
- Year 9 Athletics - Max 8 competitors
- Year 9 Football - Max 10 players
- Year 10 Netball - Max 10 players
- Year 10 Athletics - Max 8 competitors
- Year 10 Football - Max 10 Players
*Athletics will involve 8 disciplines (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Shot Putt, Javelin, Long Jump, Triple Jump) plus a4x100m relay.
Each pupil will be limited to 1 track and 1 field event plus the relay.
More information coming soon and letters been sent home. Sports Day is on Friday 7th July.
Great day out at Grimsby Leisure Centre today representing Hull against schools from the East Riding, North Lincs and North East Lincs at the Swimming Humber School games.
We had some great individual performances and times against some very good opposition.
Winifred Holtby Year 9 high achieving pupils set off for a visit to Hull University at 9.15am this morning – the aim of the day is to encourage and promote higher education.
As our Year 11 pupils come to the end of their time at Winifred Holtby we thought it was only fitting to acknowledge our Netball Champions and reward them with specially commissioned souvenir books and t-shirts.
Considering we only had four players this morning and with many representing the Academy for the first time the girls all stepped up and played brilliantly tonight.
We beat Kelvin Hall and St Mary's College and narrowly lost to Malet Lambert and Sirius West in the final rounds. Fantastic team spirit and another performance that demonstrates what great pupils we have at Winifred holtby!!! Well done girls.